Every state requires a Corporation or an LLC to have a Registered Agent (sometimes called a resident agent, statutory agent, or agent for service of process). The Registered Agent address is the address that will be used by the state for any official legal and tax correspondence. The Registered Agent address must be a physical, in-state street address; P.O. Boxes are not acceptable. NOTE: If you require us to provide a registered agent, the address cannot be used as a general business/mail forwarding address. Only official legal and tax correspondence from the state will be forwarded, and any other mailings to the registered agent will not be accepted.

All you need to do is click here to order your Registered Agent services. You will be directed to a secure platform. Please enter your email address, which will be used as your new User ID. Next, select your password, and you will then receive an e-mail confirmation for your order. You will now be able to log-in and update your account information at any time. As the renewal date for your Registered Agent services approaches, you will receive timely e-mail notifications, and you can quickly and easily renew your account online. Also, if you have multiple companies you can still administer everything from one simple online control panel.

No. If you require us to provide a Registered Agent, the address cannot be used as a general business/mail forwarding address. Only official legal and tax correspondence from the state will be forwarded, and any other mailings to the Registered Agent will not be accepted.

A company that has multiple locations in multiple states needs to register with each state (other than the original state of formation/registration) as a foreign entity, and each of these states will require a registered agent for each foreign corporation or LLC. Many of our clients have multiple companies in multiple states, and each one requires a separate registered agent.

Each separate company for which you need a registered agent services will require a new order. You will be able to manage all of your orders through one convenient online control panel.

Each state has different requirements. Some states require your signature on the Registered Agent acceptance form and some do not. If the formation of your company will require your signature we will sign on your behalf, as your authorized representative.

There are no citizenship or residence requirements for ownership of a C Corporation or an LLC. The S Corporation however does not allow nonresident aliens to be shareholders (owner), but any US citizen or resident alien may be a shareholder (owner). You would, of course, require an in state street address for the state to forward official legal and tax correspondence including service of process, known as the registered agent address, but neither residency nor citizenship is required for ownership of a C Corporation or an LLC.

The filing time is dependent on the governing state agency and varies by state.

The governing state agency will typically return a copy of the filed document which is then mailed to the client.

Your service will be managed through the Registered Agent Dashboard any service of process that is received by us will be uploaded to the dashboard and an email notification will sent informing you that the documents have been uploaded to your account.

No. There are other entities that are required by the state to maintain a registered agent, such as non-profit corporations, associations, LLPs, etc. We can provide registered agent services for any of these.

Yes we provide Registered Agent services in all 50 states and Washington D.C.

A Registered Agent will act as the representative for accepting Service of Process served upon the company within the jurisdiction of any state where the company conducts business, and will also forward any other official legal and tax correspondence from the state.

Failing to register and designate a registered agent may foreclose or hinder the company’s ability to legally enter into contracts and gain access to the state courts. Moreover, it may subject the company to monetary, civil, and possibly criminal sanctions. Also, failure to maintain a registered agent may cause your company to fall out of “good standing” within the state. This will subject your license to do business within a state to forfeiture, with monetary penalties assessed to reinstate your company to a “good standing” again.

Once you have placed your order for Registered Agent services you will receive a confirmation e-mail from us. The confirmation e-mail will contain a confirmation link back to your account control panel within our site. The address of the Registered Agent for the company associated with your order will be listed there.
NOTE: The Registered Agent information provided is only valid for one company per each order. Multiple companies within the same state will require a new order for Registered Agent services for each company.

Many states handle this issue in different ways. Some states, such as Nevada and New Mexico, require a separate acceptance form. In this case, we have these forms on file and will e-mail them to you in PDF format.
Some states, such as Maryland and Connecticut, require the signature of the agent directly on the formation documents. In this case you should fax the form to us at (214) 317-4754, and we will provide the signature and return the document to you. You may also scan and e-mail the document to info@legalinc.com.
Most states, however, do not require the signature of the agent. In states such as California, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, et al, all you need to do is add the provided agent address to the formation documents and file with the state.

Upon placing your order, you may use the name and address of your designated Registered Agent which can be accessed by logging into your account to complete any state documents which need to be filed and submitted to the respective Secretary of State if the form needs to be signed by the Registered Agent email or fax the completed form to us and we will have them signed and returned to you via email unless the state requires an original signature, in this event the signed document will be mailed to your forwarding address. (Please note that we are a solely a provider of the Registered Agent services and will not facilitate or incur the cost of filing the documents required to transfer from your current Registered Agent to the one provided by us, as these fees vary and in some cases exceed the annual fee we charge for our services).

The filing time is dependent on the governing state agency and varies by state.

The 2553 Form, known as the sub chapter S election, is required to be filed with the IRS to get S-Corporation status for purposes of federal taxation. Filing this Form with the IRS is used to convert a C-Corporation into an S-Corporation.

Unlike many other business entities in which the profits pass through to the owners’ personal tax return (e.g. LLCs, S Corporations, etc.), the C Corporation is a completely separate taxable entity. The C Corporation pays federal taxes on the net profits (after all expenses, including salaries and bonuses) of the business by filing the 1120 form with the IRS. The after tax profits can be paid out to the owners (shareholders) in the form of dividends, or retained for reinvestment of the business. The first $50,000 of net income is only federally taxed at 15% rate, and the next $25,000 is taxed at a 25% rate. Different states have different rules on how they tax corporations.

Absolutely not. Being formed as a Nonprofit Corporation does not automatically mean that the corporation is tax-exempt for federal and, in some instances, state income tax. A “tax-exempt” Corporation is a distinctive entity that has gained an exemption from income tax liability. A Nonprofit Corporation is not eligible for exemption from income tax liability until it applies for and has been approved by the IRS for tax-exempt status.

For purposes of federal taxation, an S Corporation is taxed differently than a C Corporation. Typically, the S Corporation files its annual return using the Form 1120S, as opposed to the 1120 for a C Corporation. The 1120S is an informational return; it simply informs the federal tax authorities the amount of net profit/loss made by the S Corporation, the shareholders amongst which the profit/loss will be distributed, and the proportion in which the profit/loss is distributed to the shareholders. There is no tax payment/refund associated with the 1120S tax return, as the S Corporation does not have the independent tax status that a C Corporation has. Instead, the profits/losses of the S Corporation are considered distributed to the shareholders in proportion to the ownership interest of the shareholder.

No, it does not. An attorney is not a legal requirement to form a Limited Liability Company. While we always recommend consulting the appropriate legal and accounting specialists, we can take care of the filings for you and save you the attorney fees.